Place:


Slyne  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slyne like this:

SLYNE-WITH-HEST, a township in Bolton-le-Sands parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 2½ miles NNW of Lancaster. It has post-offices, of the names of Slyne and Hest-Bank, under Lancaster. Acres, 1,114. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 312 Houses, 58. The manor belongs to T. Greene, Esq.; and S. House is the residence of R. G. Bradley, Esq.

Slyne through time

Slyne is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Slyne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slyne, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10905

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Slyne ".