Place:


Penalt  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Penalt like this:

PENALTH, a parish in the district and county of Monmouth; on the river Wye, 1½ mile S S E of Monmouth r. station. Post-town, Monmouth. Acres, 2, 284. Real property, £2, 656. Pop., 458. Houses, 109. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Trelleck, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is pretty good. Charities, £12.

Penalt through time

Penalt is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Penalt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Penalt in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10894

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Penalt ".