Place:


Hucclecote  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hucclecote like this:

HUCCLECOTE, a hamlet and a chapelry in Church down parish, Gloucestershire. The hamlet lies on Erminestreet, 2½ miles E by S of Gloucester r. station. Posttown, Gloucester. Acres, 1, 517. Real property, £3, 809. Pop., 460. The property is much subdivided. There are some brick works.—The chapelry is less extensive than the hamlet, and was constituted in 1851. ...


Pop., 359. Houses, 71. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £63. * Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church has a bell turret, and is very good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school.

Hucclecote through time

Hucclecote is now part of Gloucester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gloucester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hucclecote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hucclecote, in Gloucester and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10885

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hucclecote ".