Place:


Hemington  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hemington like this:

HEMINGTON, a township in Lockington parish, Leicester; S of the river Trent, 2 miles NW of Kegworth. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 716. Pop., 385. Houses, 91. It was formerly a parish; and it still has considerable ruins of its church. The manor belongs to Sir John H. Crewe, Bart. There is a Methodist chapel.

Hemington through time

Hemington is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hemington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hemington in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10863

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hemington ".