Place:


Harston  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harston like this:

HARSTON, or HARESTON, a parish in the district of Grantham and county of Leicester; adjacent to Lincoln, near Belvoir Castle, 6 miles WNW of Grantham station. Post town, Woolsthorpe, under Grantham. Acres, 1, 009. Real property, £1, 408. Pop., 164. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Rutland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborongh. Value, £282. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church has an em battled tower, and is good. There is a national school.

Harston through time

Harston is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harston, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10859

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harston ".