Place:


Hasfield  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hasfield like this:

HASFIELD, a village and a parish, in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester. The village stands near the river Severn and the boundary with Worcester, 6 miles N of Gloucester r. station; and has a post office pillar box under Gloucester. The parish comprises 1, 460 acres. Real property, £3, 607. ...


Pop., 299. Houses, 70. The manor belonged, in the Conqueror's time, to the Pauncefoot family; and, with Hasfield Court, belongs now to Thomas Fulljames, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £378. Patron, the Rev. J. Sevier. The church is ancient, but good; consists of nave, chancel, and N aisle, with porch and tower; and contains a very ancient monument of the Pauncefoots, an ancient oak chest, and memorials of the Atwoods and the Fulljameses. There are a national school, and charities £21.

Hasfield through time

Hasfield is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hasfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hasfield, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10829

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hasfield ".