Place:


Temple Guiting  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Temple Guiting like this:

GUYTING TEMPLE, or UPPER GUYTING, a village and a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester. The village stands among the Cotswolds, 6 miles E by S of Winchcomb, and 6 W by N of Stow-on-the-Wold r. station. The parish includes also the hamlets of Ford, Kineton, and Barton, and part of the township of Pinnock and Hyde. ...


Post town, Lower Guyting, under Cheltenham. Acres, 6, 180. Real property, £4, 898. Pop., 584. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to Corpus Christi college, Cambridge, and is leased by the MisSes Talbot. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £94.* Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church consists of nave and chancel, with embattled tower. Charities, £8.

Temple Guiting through time

Temple Guiting is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Temple Guiting itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Temple Guiting, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10806

Date accessed: 06th August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Temple Guiting ".