Place:


Llanfable  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfable like this:

LLANVAPLEY, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; on the river Trothy, 4 miles E of Abergavenny r. station. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 819. Real property, £1,345. Pop., 156. Houses, 31. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £231.* Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church is dedicated to St. Mapley, and is good.

Llanfable through time

Llanfable is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfable itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfable in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10798

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfable ".