Place:


Llanddewi Rhydderch  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddewi Rhydderch like this:

LLANTHEWY-RYTHERCH, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; on a branch of the river Trothy, 3 miles ESE of Abergavenny r. station. Posttown, Abergavenny. Acres, 2,187. Real property, £2,626. Pop., 339. Houses, 81. The property is sub divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £215.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is dedicated to St. David, and was reported in 1859 as bad.

Llanddewi Rhydderch through time

Llanddewi Rhydderch is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanddewi Rhydderch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddewi Rhydderch in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10796

Date accessed: 18th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanddewi Rhydderch ".