Place:


Quernmore  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quernmore like this:

QUERNMOOR, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; 3 miles E S E of Lancaster r. station. Post-town, Lancaster. Acres, 6, 593. Real property, £5, 611. Pop., 563. Houses, 104. Q. Park and most of the land belong to W. J. Garnett, Esq. Escow-beck Hall is the seat of J. Greg, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £170.* Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was rebuilt in 1861, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the decorated English style, with a tower. There are a Quakers' chapel and a national school.

Quernmore through time

Quernmore is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quernmore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quernmore, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10763

Date accessed: 26th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quernmore ".