Place:


Dunton Bassett  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dunton Bassett like this:

DUNTON-BASSETT, a parish in Lutterworth district, Leicester; near the Midland railway, 1½ mile SE of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 4¼ N of Lutterworth. Post town, Ashby-Parva, under Lutterworth. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £2, 968. Pop., 524. Houses, 141. The property is divided among a few. There is a mineral spring. A number of the inhabitants are stocking-makers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £80.* Patron, the Rev. J. Longhurst. The church has a tower and spire, and is good. There is an Independent chapel.

Dunton Bassett through time

Dunton Bassett is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dunton Bassett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dunton Bassett, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10726

Date accessed: 02nd June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dunton Bassett ".