Place:


Catthorpe  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catthorpe like this:

CATTHORPE, or Calthorpe, a parish in Lutterworth district, Leicester; on the verge of the county, Watling-street, and the river Avon, near the Midland railway, 4 miles ENE of Rugby. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, 625. Real property, £1,493. Pop., 146. Houses, 36. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £260.* Patron, the Rev. L. Harper. The church is good; and has a very old font. Charities, £16.

Catthorpe through time

Catthorpe is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catthorpe, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10676

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Catthorpe ".