Place:


Bruntingthorpe  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bruntingthorpe like this:

BRUNTINGTHORPE, or Brantingthorpe, a parish in Lutterworth district, Leicester; 4 miles ESE of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 5½ NE by N of Lutterworth. It has a post office under Lutterworth. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £2,688. Pop., 413. Houses, 94. The property is subdivided. The living is a rec. in the diocese. of Peterborough. Value, £380. Patron, J. Bridges, Esq. The church is old. There is a Baptist chapel.

Bruntingthorpe through time

Bruntingthorpe is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bruntingthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bruntingthorpe, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10657

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bruntingthorpe ".