Place:


Edgeworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edgeworth like this:

EDGEWORTH, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; near Ermine-street, 3½ miles NE of Brimscombe r. station, and 5½ NW of Cirencester. Post town, Bisley, under Stroud. Acres, 1, 566. Real property, £1, 734. Pop., 139. Houses, 28. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £321.* Patron, the Rev. G. F. E. Shaw. The church has Norman traces, and is good. Charities, £6.

Edgeworth through time

Edgeworth is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edgeworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edgeworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10637

Date accessed: 23rd October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edgeworth ".