Place:


Blackfordby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blackfordby like this:

BLACKFORDBY, a chapelry in Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Seal parishes, Leicester; 2 miles NW of Ashby-de-la-Zouch r. station. Post Town, Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Acres, 1,117. Real property, £3,064. Pop., 645. Houses, 129. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Blackfordby through time

Blackfordby is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blackfordby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blackfordby in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10627

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blackfordby ".