Place:


Didbrook  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Didbrook like this:

DIDBROOK, a village, a township, and a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester. The village lies under the Cotswolds, near the river Isborne, 3 miles NE of Winchcomb, and 8 ENE of Cleeve r. station. The township includes also the hamlets of Coscomb and Wormington-Grange. Acres, 1, 528. Real property, £2, 125. ...


Pop., 182. Houses, 37. The parish contains also the township of Pinnock and Hyde. Post town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 578. Real property, £3, 924. Pop., 221. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Pinnock and the p. curacy of Hailes, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £257. Patron,H. Tracy, Esq. The church was built in 1470; has a pinnacled square tower; and is in good condition.

Didbrook through time

Didbrook is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Didbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Didbrook, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10589

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Didbrook ".