Place:


Kirkland  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kirkland like this:

KIRKLAND, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre and the Lancaster canal, 1¼ mile SW of Garstang. It contains Garstang-Churchtown village; and has there the parish church and an endowed school. Acres, 894. Real property, £2, 109. Pop., 388. Houses, 83. The manor and most of the land belong to the representatives of the late T. B. Cole, Eso. moreland; within Kendal borough. Real property, £1, 414. Pop., 1, 170. Houses, 278. See Kendal.

Kirkland through time

Kirkland is now part of Wyre district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kirkland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kirkland, in Wyre and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10576

Date accessed: 20th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Kirkland".