Place:


Coaley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coaley like this:

COALEY, a parish in Dursley district, Gloucester; on the Gloucester and Berkeley canal, 2½ miles SSE of Frocester r. station, and 3 NNE of Dursley. It has a post office under Dursley. Acres, 2, 463. Real property, £5, 695. Pop., 777. Houses, 187. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £158.*-Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is recent. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a n. school, and charities £12.

Coaley through time

Coaley is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coaley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coaley, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10547

Date accessed: 27th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coaley ".