Place:


Clifford Chambers  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clifford Chambers like this:

CLIFFORD-CHAMBERS, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon and county of Gloucester; on the Stratford railway, 2 miles S of Stratford-on-Avon. It has a post office under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres, 2, 500. Real property, £2, 843. Pop., 344. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £172. Patron, the Rev. T. G. Tyndall. The church has a Norman door, and is very good. Charities, £37.

Clifford Chambers through time

Clifford Chambers is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clifford Chambers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clifford Chambers, in Stratford on Avon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10545

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clifford Chambers ".