Place:


North Cerney  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Cerney like this:

CERNEY (North), a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; near Ermine-street, 4 miles N of Cirencester r. station. It includes the tythings of Calmsden and Woodmancote; and has a post office under Cirencester. Acres, 4,158. Real property, £5,194. Pop., 692. Houses, 153. The property is divided among a few. Cerney House is the seat of the Croomes. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £654.* Patron, University College, Oxford. The church is very good; and there is a national school.

North Cerney through time

North Cerney is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Cerney itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Cerney, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10481

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Cerney ".