Place:


Rodington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rodington like this:

RODINGTON, a township and a parish in Wellington district, Salop. The township lies on the river Roden and the Shrewsbury canal, 2 miles N of Walcott r. station, and 4¾ W N W of Wellington: and has a post-office under Shrewsbury. The parish contains also the township of Sugden; and comprises 1, 615 acres. Rea1property, £2, 831. Pop., 481. Houses, 106. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £270. Patron, the Lord Chancellor The church is modern. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £18.

Rodington through time

Rodington is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rodington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rodington, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10464

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rodington ".