Place:


Loughton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Loughton like this:

LOUGHTON, a chapelry in Chetton parish, Salop; under Brown-Clee hill, 7 miles NW of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station, and 9 NE of Ludlow. Post town, Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,015. Rated property, £600. Pop., 100. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Viscount Boyne. The living is annexed to the rectory of Chetton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is about 300 years old. There is a national school.

Loughton through time

Loughton is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Loughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Loughton in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10413

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Loughton ".