Place:


Blaisdon  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blaisdon like this:

BLAISDON, a parish in Westbury-on-Severn district, Gloucester; on the Gloucester and Hereford railway, 2 miles SE of Longhope station, and 4 N of Newnham. Post Town, Longhope, under Newnham. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,656. Pop., 282. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, not reported.* Patron, H. Crawshay, Esq. The church is early English. There is a national school.

Blaisdon through time

Blaisdon is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blaisdon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blaisdon, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10396

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blaisdon ".