Place:


Higham  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Higham like this:

HIGHAM-BOOTH-WITH-WEST-CLOSE-BOOTH, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles NW of Burnley. Acres, 1, 400. Real property, £2, 604. Pop., 759. Houses, 162. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. There are two cotton mills, a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school; and the school house is used as a chapel of ease.

Higham through time

Higham is now part of Pendle district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pendle has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Higham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Higham, in Pendle and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10342

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Higham ".