Place:


Aylburton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aylburton like this:

AYLBURTON, a tything in Lydney parish, Gloucester; about a mile W of Lydney. It has a post office under Lydney.-Pop.,-604. Houses, 106. It forms a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Lydney; and its church was rebuilt in 1857.

Aylburton through time

Aylburton is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aylburton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aylburton, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10340

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aylburton ".