Place:


Farlow  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farlow like this:

FARLOW, a township and a chapelry in Stottesden parish, Salop. The township lies near the river Rea, 5½ miles NW by N of Cleobury-Mortimer r. station, and 8½ NNE of Tenbury. Post town, Stottesden, under Bewdley. Acres, 1, 483. Real property, £1, 098. Pop., 304. Houses, 71. The chapelry is more extensive than the township, and was constituted in 1854. Pop., 593. Houses, 132. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £130.* Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is Norman; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Farlow through time

Farlow is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Farlow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farlow, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10296

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Farlow ".