Place:


Woodeaton  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodeaton like this:

WOOD-EATON, a parish in Headington parish, Oxford; 1¾ mile SSE of Islip r. station. Post town, Oxford. Acres, 639. Real property, £978. Pop., 83. Houses, 15. W. House is the seat of J. Weyland, Esq. Roman relics have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £143.* Patron, J. Weyland, Esq. The church is good.

Woodeaton through time

Woodeaton is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodeaton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodeaton in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10278

Date accessed: 03rd July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodeaton ".