Place:


Eaton Constantine  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eaton Constantine like this:

EATON-CONSTANTINE, a parish in Atcham district, Salop: on the river Severn, and on the Severn Valley railway, near Cressage r. station, and 5 miles N by W of Much Wenlock. It has a post office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 874. Real property, £1, 308. Pop., 242. Houses, 57. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £192.* Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is good.

Eaton Constantine through time

Eaton Constantine is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eaton Constantine itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eaton Constantine, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10270

Date accessed: 27th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eaton Constantine ".