Place:


Eardington  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eardington like this:

EARDINGTON, a township, with a r. station, in Quatford parish, Salop; on the Severn river and the Severn Valley railway, 1-½ mile S of Bridgnorth. Acres, 1, 301. Real property, £5, 876; of which £100 are in quarries, £100 in mines, and £120 in iron-works. Pop., 370. Houses, 76. A stoppage of coal and brickworks here occasioned a decrease of about one-fourth of the population between 1851 and 1861.

Eardington through time

Eardington is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eardington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eardington, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10265

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eardington ".