Place:


South Weston  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Weston like this:

WESTON (South), a parish in Thame district, Oxford; 4¾ miles S by W of Thame r. station. Post town, Tetsworth. Acres, 560. Real property, £771. Pop., 92. Houses, 21. The manor belongs to H. B. Reynardson, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £220.* Patron, H. B. Reynardson, Esq

South Weston through time

South Weston is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Weston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Weston in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10262

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " South Weston ".