Place:


Deuxhill  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Deuxhill like this:

DEUXHILL, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on an affluent of the Severn, 3¾ miles W of Hampton-Loade r. station, and 4½ SSW of Bridgnorth. Post town, Glazeley, under Bridgnorth. Acres, 487. Real property, £460. Pop., 43. Houses, 8. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Chetton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is tolerable.

Deuxhill through time

Deuxhill is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Deuxhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Deuxhill, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10251

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Deuxhill ".