Place:


Duns Tew  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duns Tew like this:

DUNSTEW, a parish in Woodstock district, Oxford; near the river Cherwell, 2½ miles W of Somerton r. station, and 2½ SSW of Deddington. Post town, Deddington, under Oxford. Acres, 1, 370. Real property, £2, 547. Pop., 407. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £237. Patron, Sir George Dashwood, Bart. The church is ancient, and has a tower. Charities, £13.

Duns Tew through time

Duns Tew is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Duns Tew itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duns Tew, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10233

Date accessed: 30th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Duns Tew ".