Place:


Tetsworth  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tetsworth like this:

TETSWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Thame district, Oxford; 3 miles SSW of Thame r. station. It has a head post-office,‡ and a hotel; and it carries on a manufacture of pillow lace. Acres, 1,172. Real property, £2,827. Pop., 481. Houses, 108. The manor belongs to Miss Weston. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £130. Patrons, Trustees. The church was recently rebuilt. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.

Tetsworth through time

Tetsworth is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tetsworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tetsworth in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10232

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tetsworth ".