Place:


Sydenham  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sydenham like this:

SYDENHAM, a parish in Thame district, Oxford; 3 miles SSE of Thame r. station. Post town, Tetsworth. Acres, 1,650. Real property, £1,982. Pop., 397. Houses, 86. The manor belongs to Baroness Wenman. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £130.* Patrons, Trustees. There are a Baptist chapel, a national school, and a considerable charity.

Sydenham through time

Sydenham is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sydenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sydenham in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10227

Date accessed: 28th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sydenham ".