Place:


Burwarton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burwarton like this:

BURWARTON, a parish in Bridgnorth district, Salop; on the river Rea, 9 ½ miles SW of Bridgnorth r. station. It has a post office under Bridgnorth. Acres, 1,239. Real property, £3,143. Pop., 156. Houses, 28. Burwarton Hall is the seat of Viscount Boyne. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £128.* Patron, the Rev. J. Churton. The church is very good; and contains tombs of the Boynes.

Burwarton through time

Burwarton is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burwarton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burwarton, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10189

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burwarton ".