Place:


North Stoke  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Stoke like this:

STOKE (North), a parish in the district of Wallingford and county of Oxford; on the river Thames, 2 miles S of Wallingford r. station. It has a post-office under Wallingford. Acres, 824. Real property, £1,696. Pop., 177. Houses, 38. The living is a vicarage, united with Ipsden and Newnham-Murren, in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £450.* Patron, St. John's College, Cambridge. The church is decorated English. Charities, £5.

North Stoke through time

North Stoke is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Stoke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Stoke in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10184

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Stoke ".