Place:


Welland  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Welland like this:

WELLAND, a parish, with a village, in Upton-upon-Severn district, Worcester; 3 miles WSW of Upton r. station. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 2,027. Real property, £3,678. Pop. in 1851, 582; in 1861, 802. Houses, 163. The manor belongs to the Bishop of Worcester. Seatstone and Stuarts Lodge are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £378.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old. There are a national school, and charities £26.

Welland through time

Welland is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Welland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Welland, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10130

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Welland ".