Place:


Ruskington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ruskington like this:

RUSKINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 3½ miles N by E of Sleaford r. station. It has a post-office under Sleaford. Acres, 4, 750. Real property, £6, 337. Pop., 1,089. Houses, 240. The manor belongs to the Earl of Winchelsea. The living is twofold, a rectory and a vicarage, in the diocese of Lincoln. ...


Value of the rectory, £300; of the vicarage, £124. Patron of the former, the Rev.J. Myers; of the latter, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partlyearly English; has a low tower mainly rebuilt in 1620, but retaining a Norman arch; and was restored in 1861. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £10 a year, and charities £46.

Ruskington through time

Ruskington is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ruskington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ruskington, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1013

Date accessed: 23rd April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ruskington ".