Place:


Ditton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ditton like this:

DITTON, a township in Prescot parish, Lancashire; on the Warrington and Garston railway, 1½ mile NNW of Runcorn. It includes Haigh-Green hamlet; and has a post office under Warrington and a r. station. A railway to it from Runcorn was opened in 1869. Acres, 2, 072. Real property, £4, 819. Pop., 764. Houses, 136. D. Hall is the seat of the Hon. Mrs. Stapleton. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a free school.

Ditton through time

Ditton is now part of Halton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Halton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ditton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ditton, in Halton and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10122

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ditton ".