Place:


Pishill  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pishill like this:

PISHILL, a parish in Henley district, Oxford; underthe Chiltern hills, 5½ miles N N W of Henley r. station. Post-town, Henley-on-Thames. Acres, 785. Real property, £498. Pop., 214. Houses, 48. Most of the land belongs to Lord Camoys. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, the Rev.E. R. Keene. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a national school and alms-houses, the latterwith £62 a year.

Pishill through time

Pishill is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pishill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pishill in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10113

Date accessed: 28th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pishill ".