Place:


Strensham  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Strensham like this:

STRENSHAM, a parish, with a village, in Pershore district, Worcester; on the river Avon, ¾ of a mile W by S of Eckington r. station, and 4½ S W of Pershore. It has a post-office under Tewkesbury. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £3,895. Pop., 279. Houses, 61. S. Court is the seat ofTownend, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £240.* Patron, J. A. Taylor, Esq. The church is good. There are a school and alms houses with £54 a year from endowment, and other charities £11. Butler, the author of "Hudi-bras,'' was a native.

Strensham through time

Strensham is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Strensham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Strensham, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10100

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Strensham ".