Place:


Shelsley Walsh  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shelsley Walsh like this:

SHELSLEY-WALSH, or Little S., a parish in Martley district, Worcester; on the river Teme, opposite S.-Beauchamp. Post town, S.-Beanchamp, under Worcester. Acres, 468. Real property, £936. Pop., 57. Houses, 11. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £111. Patron, Earl Dudley. The church was recently in bad condition.

Shelsley Walsh through time

Shelsley Walsh is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shelsley Walsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shelsley Walsh, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10087

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shelsley Walsh ".