Place:


Cliviger  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cliviger like this:

CLIVIGER, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the Rose-Grove and Todmorden railway, near the source of the river Iswell, 3½ miles SE by S of Burnley. Acres, 6, 160. Real property, £14, 950; of which £7, 870 are in mines, and £179 in quarries. Pop., 1, 770. Houses, 346. The surface is hilly; the rocks include coal, iron ore, and lead ore; and the national productions include rare plants and rare birds of prey.

Cliviger through time

Cliviger is now part of Burnley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Burnley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cliviger itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cliviger, in Burnley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10052

Date accessed: 01st March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cliviger ".