Place:


Clifton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clifton like this:

CLIFTON-WITH-SALWICK, a township in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; at the mouth of the river Ribble, 3 miles ESE of Kirkham. Acres, 3, 776; of which 365 are water. Real property, £5, 658. Pop., 447. Houses, 76. A school has £8 from endowment; and other charities £25.

Clifton through time

Clifton is now part of Fylde district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fylde has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clifton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clifton, in Fylde and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10051

Date accessed: 17th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clifton ".