Place:


Catterall  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Catterall like this:

CATTERALL, a township in Garstang parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, adjacent to the Lancaster canal, and to the Lancaster and Preston railway, 1½ mile S by W of Garstang. It has a post office under Garstang. Acres, 1,733. Real property,. £3,851. Pop., 867. Houses, 168. Catterall-House is the seat of A. Simpson, Esq. There are two large cotton mills, Caldervale church, and a Wesleyan chapel.

Catterall through time

Catterall is now part of Wyre district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Catterall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Catterall, in Wyre and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10040

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Catterall".