Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DENFORD

DENFORD, a chapelry in Kintbury parish, Berks; adjacent to the Berks and Hants railway, 1¼ mile ENE of Hungerford. Post town, Hungerford. Pop., 77. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £40. Patron, G. H. Cherry, Esq.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Kintbury AP/CP       Berkshire AncC
Place: Denford

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.