Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for NEWLAND

NEWLAND, a village in Egton-with-Newland chapelry, Ulverston parish, Lancashire; 1 mile N N E of Ulverston. An iron furnace is here. Newland House is the seat of T. Roper, Esq.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Ulverston CP/AP       Lancashire AncC
Place: Newland

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.