Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for OVERTON HALL

OVERTON HALL, a seat in Ashover parish, Derby; 3¼ miles N E of Matlock. It belonged once to Sir Joseph Banks; belongs now to Dr. John Bright; and is a large and handsome mansion.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a seat"   (ADL Feature Type: "residential sites")
Administrative units: Ashover AP/Tn/CP       Derbyshire AncC

Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.