Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PARNDON (Little)

PARNDON (Little), a parish in Epping district, Essex; on the river Stort and on the Eastern Counties railway, at the boundary with Cambridgeshire, 1 mile W S W of Burnt-Mill r. station, and 1½ N by E of Great Parndon village. Post-town, Harlow. Acres, 534. Real property, £977. Pop., 71. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £245.* Patron, Loftus Wigram Arkwright, Esq. The church is good.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Little Parndon AP/CP       Epping PLU/RegD       Essex AncC
Place names: LITTLE PARNDON     |     PARNDON     |     PARNDON LITTLE
Place: Little Parndon

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.