Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for PEPPERHARROW

PEPPERHARROW, a parish in Hambledon district, Surrey; on the river Wey, 3 miles W of Godalming r-station. Post-town, Godalming. Acres, 1, 454. Real property, £1,027. Pop., 104.-Houses, 25. P. Housebelongs to Viscount Middleton; and stands in groundscontaining some very grand cedars of Lebanon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £200.* Patron, Viscount Middleton. The church is partly Norman; and was restored under the direction of Pugin.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Hambledon PLU/RegD       Surrey AncC
Place: Peper Harow

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.